Sunday, April 18, 2010

Some 3 Hour Figure Drawings + Mixed Media Quickie

This is an hour long mixed media assignment I did with charcoal, ink and conte. The model liked it and wanted a picture of it. It's pretty large. I have it hanging on my wall so it doesn't get damaged. I didn't get to do a background. I'm never really happy with anything I do, but it was fun to use ink.
The model stayed after class for 10 minutes so me and a few others could finish. (well I never FINISH, but at least he had a okay shaded leg from it)
This was supposed to be a 6 hour drawing, but I got sick and had to complete it in one day (3 hours). I speed through it.
The model stood on a ladder. The perspective slowed me down a lot, but I felt bad for him because he was shaking during the pose.
I was like the only one who tried a highly foreshortened view, but I liked the challenge. Now if only I didn't shade with such high contrast like my teacher keeps telling me not to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment