Sunday, April 24, 2011

Series for Figure Drawing Class

My original idea for my series was to portray the cliches of what women are supposed to do for beauty, but although I don't necessary feel women have to follow these cliches, I wasn't feeling passion for the subject. So I changed to focus on mythology in which women caused disaster, the beautiful evil which Greeks mentioned: kalon kakon. This idea has been inspiration for the story I am writing, so why not.


The art piece that follows the original theme. It was fun to add the 3-D elements and I always wanted to add glitter to an artwork.

This is supposed to be Aphrodite holding the apple that she bribed Paris into giving her. The deal was she'd give him Helen and therefore she caused the Trojan War. I thought it'd be interesting to ink over splattered guache.

Pandora who opened the jar and released all the evils. Ink and white pencil on pastel paper.

1 comment: