Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Maya Final: Previsualization of Treasure of the Castle

For my Maya final we had to do a simple pre-viz of a scene. I chose to do the first shot of my Treasure of the Castle storyboards. I wasn't able to figure out how to get the shadows to work properly. I really wish I could have got the window frame to cast a shadow and to be able to trace the shadow of the man from the suit of armor to his feet. The professor looked at it and apparently I didn't have my shadow settings right for what I needed. Well, I saved a version with the settings he manipulated and can play with it next semester to see if I can get it to work.

I modeled a very simple castle for the assignment and used the character in our school's "library." I downloaded the knight helmet and the weapons.
I focused mainly on animating the camera and only did simple parented-revolve animations and translations for the characters.


Here's an image of my castle. It reminds me of a lego playset.



And here's the video of my previz. I think I need to slow it down too. It played back in Maya a bit slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment